2018 Annual Dinner
Village Luxury Apartments Video Tour
Jewish Federation Plaza – An Affordable Housing Community in West Orange, Essex County, NJ
Jewish Federation Plaza is the embodiment of “community.” The independent seniors who live here enjoy so many on-site activities and programs together—cultural, social, and recreational—including many clubs, events, and programs that they have created and lead for each other. They remember birthdays, celebrate milestones together, and support each other when someone is going through a difficult time.
Plaza, which comprises four buildings connected by a sunny promenade and social spaces, offers HUD-subsidized apartments for seniors and the disabled who qualify.
Life at Jewish Federation Plaza
Life at Plaza is a far cry from the typical affordable housing. From Game Night and the Walking Club to lifelong learning and fitness classes, our residents enjoy a roster of well-rounded activities every week (see our calendar). Many residents also enjoy the senior enrichment programs and facilities of the neighboring JCC of Greater MetroWest.
On-site services and amenities include:
- Delicious kosher dinners together five evenings a week in the community dining room
- Sunny community rooms for programs, activities, socializing
- Housekeeping services twice per month
- Transportation to cultural and community events and shopping
- Computers and internet access
- Beauty shop
- Extensive lending library
- Laundry rooms
- Regular visits from a social worker and nurse practitioner
- Individual emergency response systems 24/7
- Personal care and additional housekeeping service available by arrangement
Jewish Federation Plaza is located next to the JCC of Greater MetroWest and down the road from South Mountain Reservation. The community is easily accessible from I-280 and the Garden State Parkway.
West Orange, New Jersey 07052
Phone: (973) 731-2020
Jewish Federation Plaza is proud to be designated a Community of Quality by the National Affordable Housing Management Association.